Re: BUG #6706: pg_upgrade fails when plpgsql dropped/re-created - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: BUG #6706: pg_upgrade fails when plpgsql dropped/re-created
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 12:21:58AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> >> Well, it still does the create extension in binary mode like before ---
> >> not sure what the problem is.
>
> > Applied and back-patched to 9.2.
>
> I do not believe that this patch fixes the problem, and I also believe
> that it creates new problems.  Please revert.

I asked for an explaination of the problem, but received no reply:

    http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2012-07/msg00005.php

so I assumed you were fine with it.  Please explain.  Does anyone else
understand the problem Tom is seeing?