Re: patch: improve SLRU replacement algorithm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: patch: improve SLRU replacement algorithm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 5:41 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I'm also loathe to back patch. But its not very often we find a
> problem that causes all backends to wait behind a single I/O.

You have a point.

Meanwhile, here are the benchmark results you requested.  I did half
hour runs with -l.  Here are the 90th-100th percentile latencies,
without patch and then with patch.

100 12955473 19072385

Overall tps, first without and then with patch:

TPS graphs by second attached.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company