Re: patch: improve SLRU replacement algorithm - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Riggs
Subject Re: patch: improve SLRU replacement algorithm
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 5, 2012 at 12:56 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Overall tps, first without and then with patch:
>
> tps = 14546.644712 (including connections establishing)
> tps = 14550.515173 (including connections establishing)
>
> TPS graphs by second attached.

Again, I'm not that fussed about throughput because it just hides the
detail. I am concerned about the distribution of response times, so
I'd like to see the numbers about that if you don't mind. i.e. does
the patch remove long waits.