Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 3:45 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> The examples for runtime pruning are lame -- in the first, the text says
> "watch out for Subplans Removed" and then the example provided doesn't
> show one.  (That example is probably exercising the wrong thing.)

It seems to me that EXPLAIN output should have a clear way to show --
and to distinguish -- (1) plan-time pruning, (2) executor startup time
pruning, (3) mid-execution pruning.  I don't think that's entirely the
case right now.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company