Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled?
Date
Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled?  (Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
List pgsql-hackers
I'm thinking something like this.

The examples for runtime pruning are lame -- in the first, the text says
"watch out for Subplans Removed" and then the example provided doesn't
show one.  (That example is probably exercising the wrong thing.)

Anyway, wording suggestions for 5.10.4 and 5.10.5 in the attached file
are welcome.

Attachment