Re: [bug] Table not have typarray when created by single user mode - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From shawn wang
Subject Re: [bug] Table not have typarray when created by single user mode
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> 于2020年5月20日周三 上午12:09写道:
I think a safer fix is to replace the IsUnderPostmaster check in
heap_create_with_catalog with !IsBootstrapProcessingMode() or the
like.  That would have the result that we'd create array types for
the information_schema views, as well as the system views made in
system_views.sql, which is slightly annoying but probably no real
harm in the big scheme of things.  (I wonder if we ought to reverse
the sense of the adjacent relkind check, turning it into a blacklist,
while at it.)

Thank you for the explanation.
I prefer to change the conditions too.

I remain however of the opinion that doing this sort of thing in
single-user mode, or really much of anything beyond emergency
vacuuming, is unwise.

I do agree with you, but there is no clear point in the document (maybe I did not read it all),
it is recommended to make it clear in the document.

Regards,
--
Shawn Wang