Re: [bug] Table not have typarray when created by single user mode - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: [bug] Table not have typarray when created by single user mode
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, May 20, 2020 at 1:45 PM shawn wang <shawn.wang.pg@gmail.com> wrote:

> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> 于2020年5月20日周三 上午12:09写道:
>>

>> I remain however of the opinion that doing this sort of thing in
>> single-user mode, or really much of anything beyond emergency
>> vacuuming, is unwise.
>

> I do agree with you, but there is no clear point in the document (maybe I did not read it all),
> it is recommended to make it clear in the document.

It seems to be indicated in the docs [1] (see the paragraph starting
with "The postgres command can also be called in single-user mode
...") that it is used for debugging or disaster recovery.

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/app-postgres.html

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.