Re: Compilation of postgres 13.4+ source fails to find some of its own libraries - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Matt Zinicola
Subject Re: Compilation of postgres 13.4+ source fails to find some of its own libraries
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi, Michael.

Yes, 13.3 continues to build successfully within the current environment. (built ends with message "All of PostgreSQL successfully made. Ready to install.")

Output of uname -a:  "Linux fulltake 5.15.11-200.fc35.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Dec 22 15:41:11 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux"

I've attached the configure output as well as the make output.  Note the notation around the four libraries previously mentioned, and that the make process does it end with the usual "Successfully made" message.

Thanks for taking a look.
-Matt

On Sat, Jan 1, 2022 at 7:14 AM Michael Banck <michael.banck@credativ.de> wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, Jan 01, 2022 at 01:58:33AM -0500, Matt Zinicola wrote:
> I've been a user of PostgreSQL for many, many years now.    I tend to
> compile from source, in /usr/local/src..  My current postgresql server is
> running Fedora 35. Beginning with Postgres 13.4 (and 14.0 and 14.1) the
> postgres compilation process has begun failing, complaining about several
> libraries (specifically libpgtypes.pc, libecpg.pc, libpq.pc and
> libecpg_compat.pc).
>
> Since all of these are contained witihin the source distribution itself,
> why is the make process unable to find them?
>
> I attempted adding them via a configuration option ( full configure
> invocation is ./configure
> --with-libraries=/usr/local/src/postgresql-13.4/src/interfaces/ecpg/ecpglib,/usr/local/src/postgresql-13.4/src/interfaces/ecpg/compatlib,/usr/local/src/postgresql-13.4/src/interfaces/libpq,/usr/local/src/postgresql-13.4/src/interfaces/ecpg/pgtypeslib),
> but it does not work.
>
> Apologies if I'm overlooking something "simple" here, I'm just a bit taken
> aback by why the compilation process suddenly as of 13.4has begun failing
> for this reason.  Is this a mistake in one of the build scripts somewhere
> or... ?

that still work?

2. Show us the actual build failures, "does not work" is not enough
information.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Team Lead PostgreSQL

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach
Management: Dr. Michael Meskes, Geoff Richardson, Peter Lilley

Our handling of personal data is subject to:
https://www.credativ.de/en/contact/privacy/
Attachment