Re: Compilation of postgres 13.4+ source fails to find some of its own libraries - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Michael Banck
Subject Re: Compilation of postgres 13.4+ source fails to find some of its own libraries
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

On Sat, Jan 01, 2022 at 01:58:33AM -0500, Matt Zinicola wrote:
> I've been a user of PostgreSQL for many, many years now.    I tend to
> compile from source, in /usr/local/src..  My current postgresql server is
> running Fedora 35. Beginning with Postgres 13.4 (and 14.0 and 14.1) the
> postgres compilation process has begun failing, complaining about several
> libraries (specifically libpgtypes.pc, libecpg.pc, libpq.pc and
> libecpg_compat.pc).
>
> Since all of these are contained witihin the source distribution itself,
> why is the make process unable to find them?
>
> I attempted adding them via a configuration option ( full configure
> invocation is ./configure

--with-libraries=/usr/local/src/postgresql-13.4/src/interfaces/ecpg/ecpglib,/usr/local/src/postgresql-13.4/src/interfaces/ecpg/compatlib,/usr/local/src/postgresql-13.4/src/interfaces/libpq,/usr/local/src/postgresql-13.4/src/interfaces/ecpg/pgtypeslib),
> but it does not work.
>
> Apologies if I'm overlooking something "simple" here, I'm just a bit taken
> aback by why the compilation process suddenly as of 13.4has begun failing
> for this reason.  Is this a mistake in one of the build scripts somewhere
> or... ?

that still work?

2. Show us the actual build failures, "does not work" is not enough
information.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Team Lead PostgreSQL

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach
Management: Dr. Michael Meskes, Geoff Richardson, Peter Lilley

Our handling of personal data is subject to:
https://www.credativ.de/en/contact/privacy/