Re: Compilation of postgres 13.4+ source fails to find some of its own libraries - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Compilation of postgres 13.4+ source fails to find some of its own libraries
Date
List pgsql-admin
Matt Zinicola <mattzinicola@gmail.com> writes:
> Hi, Michael.
> Yes, 13.3 continues to build successfully within the current environment.
> (built ends with message "All of PostgreSQL successfully made. Ready to
> install.")

> Output of uname -a:  "Linux fulltake 5.15.11-200.fc35.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Dec
> 22 15:41:11 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux"

> I've attached the configure output as well as the make output.  Note the
> notation around the four libraries previously mentioned, and that the make
> process does it end with the usual "Successfully made" message.

As far as that goes, 13.4 and later don't print that message at all.
We concluded it was just noise and that better style is to output
nothing unless there's a problem [1].  (This probably should have been
mentioned in the release notes, but it wasn't because the responsible
commit failed to say anything about it in its commit message.)

I grepped through your make log and I don't actually see any errors
or warnings; in particular, all the .pc files you mention seem to
be getting built as normal.  So I'm still confused as to where your
actual problem is.  Maybe things are going wrong at install, rather
than make?  Or at build of some other software that uses these
libraries?

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/6a421136-d462-b043-a8eb-e75b2861f3df%40dunslane.net