Re: Problem with multiple comments - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Problem with multiple comments
Date
List pgadmin-support
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 11:32 PM, Andrzej Zawadzki <zawadaa@wp.pl> wrote:
> On 06.12.2012 18:39, Dave Page wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>>> Certainly sounds like a very similar problem. If so, the query is
>>> simply buggy - it's just that a pg_upgrade'd environment is *much*
>>> more likely to run into the problem than before.
>>>
>>> I only checked the usages of pg_shdescription. The same bug might well
>>> exist with almost all uses of pg_description.
>> OK, here's a patch that should fix this, as well as Magnus' previous
>> fix which doesn't appear to have been tested so well :-p
>>
>> Per; are you able to test this?
> Hi!
> Works! I don't see any multiple comments on functions (I've report bug
> about that with attachment few weeks ago ;-)
> All committed to my distro:
>
> http://git.pld-linux.org/gitweb.cgi/packages/pgadmin3.git/commitdiff/96b752a5e67cb1e6ac00ef79d4e77844c704e258
>
> Build and works.
>
> Thanks!

Cool, thanks for testing.

> BTW: why pgadmin crashes when I want renew connection after network
> change or postgresql server restart - this is very old issue.
> I observe it on Linux, Windows and Mac.

That's been surprisingly difficult to fix, because of the amount of
application state it affects. It should, for the most part, detect the
situation and offer to reconnect and reset everything these days. If
you can find a reproducible case where that doesn't happen, please
report it with as many details as possible.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company