Re: pgAdmin v3.1 candidate builds and source... - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin v3.1 candidate builds and source...
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 12:47 PM, Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
Re: Dave Page 2018-06-27 <CA+OCxozp8Zsj+NTF8hBt46oDJku6oFA6ayTex4jkjyXNsR84Xw@mail.gmail.com>
> On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 8:28 PM, Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Re: Dave Page 2018-06-26 <CA+OCxow1BDDXK9K1d-pnSAoBE5O=+
> > RD6QNxA5ynH-X+-rPN7jA@mail.gmail.com>
> > > ... can be found at https://developer.pgadmin.org/builds/2018-06-26-3.1/
> > > and dpage/pgadmin4:2018-06-26-3.1 on Docker Hub.
> > >
> > > Fahar; please verify for release on Thursday.
> > >
> > > Note that these are the first builds from the new fully automated build
> > > system, and both the Windows and Mac versions now use Python 3, so please
> > > be sure to test with extra care!
> >
> > Hmm, ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'sshtunnel'
> >
> > Could you perhaps announce new versions that need new python modules a
> > bit earlier, so we have time to package them?
> >

> Good point. Not entirely sure how the mechanics of that would work, given
> that we're trying to shorten release cycles down to a couple of weeks
> (ideally).

Just drop a note "hey we've added $module" once a non-standard
dependency is added.

Yeah - it's the remembering to do that that is the issue.

> That said, for all other builds we're giving up trying to maintain Python
> packages. Instead, we're going to be shipping a pre-built Python venv as
> part of the package, built using Python 3.6. Whilst it's not perfect from a
> "following the packaging rules" perspective, in other cases we're having to
> install modules privately for pgAdmin anyway to avoid conflicts with older,
> vendor supplied versions, so it's really just a different evil rather than
> a new one.

I'm not going to "pip install" or whatever from the build system.

OK, that's up to you.

That said, the web/pgadmin/static/*/generated/ directories have
disappeared from the tarball, so pgadmin doesn't load anymore. Could
you please put them back, as I don't think rebuilding them via yarn is
feasible? Because that's not packaged either...

OK, please go grab the tarball again, from thttps://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin/pgadmin4/v3.1/source/. The MD5 checksum should be:

f057bf46055d4f7b07a42ae984f499dd  pgadmin4-3.1.tar.gz

This should contain the missing files.

Sorry about that - stupid case-sensitivity bug in a script :-(

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company