Re: pgAdmin v3.1 candidate builds and source... - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: pgAdmin v3.1 candidate builds and source...
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

On Thu, 2018-06-28 at 13:47 +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> I'm not going to "pip install" or whatever from the build system.

With full respect to you, and given that I also spent *tons* of time RPMifing
the dependencies, those dependent packages are needed only for pgAdmin4.

Also once we update pgAdmin4 to a newer version, some of the the previous
dependencies are also updated, so people have to use the latest version anyway,
and usually there is no chance for a downgrade. Bundling everything into a
single package makes really a lot of sense.

I was against pip'ing things until last week, but this dependency hell is not
easy to deal with, so I'll change the RPMs and push a single package as well

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com