Re: pgAdmin 4 as Web application - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: pgAdmin 4 as Web application
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Mon, Sep 5, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
>>> Now I get the following error:
>>>
>>> mod_wsgi (pid=20880): Target WSGI script '/opt/pgadmin4/pgAdmin4.wsgi' cannot be loaded as Python module.
>>> mod_wsgi (pid=20880): Exception occurred processing WSGI script '/opt/pgadmin4/pgAdmin4.wsgi'.
>>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>>   File "/opt/pgadmin4/pgAdmin4.wsgi", line 8, in <module>
>>>     from pgAdmin4 import app as application
>>>   File "/opt/pgadmin4/pgAdmin4.py", line 58, in <module>
>>>     app = create_app()
>>>   File "/opt/pgadmin4/pgadmin/__init__.py", line 204, in create_app
>>>     import pgadmin.utils.paths as paths
>>> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'paths'
>>>
>>> Indeed there is no pgadmin/utils/paths directory with a __init__.py in it.
>>
>> No, but there should be a pgadmin/utils/paths.py file. Is that there?
>
> Yes, there is, and it is readable to everyone.
>
> I don't know much about Python - could it be that version 2.7 handles this
> line differently from 3?

No - I do all my development on 2.7 and it works fine (as do most of
the other devs I believe). 3.x is definitely less well tested, and 2.6
is behind that.

Ashesh, any ideas what could be causing this?

> I'll see what I can find out with strace.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com