Re: pgAdmin 4 as Web application - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Albe Laurenz
Subject Re: pgAdmin 4 as Web application
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 1:45 PM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
>> Now I get the following error:
>>
>> mod_wsgi (pid=20880): Target WSGI script '/opt/pgadmin4/pgAdmin4.wsgi' cannot be loaded as Python module.
>> mod_wsgi (pid=20880): Exception occurred processing WSGI script '/opt/pgadmin4/pgAdmin4.wsgi'.
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/opt/pgadmin4/pgAdmin4.wsgi", line 8, in <module>
>>     from pgAdmin4 import app as application
>>   File "/opt/pgadmin4/pgAdmin4.py", line 58, in <module>
>>     app = create_app()
>>   File "/opt/pgadmin4/pgadmin/__init__.py", line 204, in create_app
>>     import pgadmin.utils.paths as paths
>> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'paths'
>>
>> Indeed there is no pgadmin/utils/paths directory with a __init__.py in it.
>
> No, but there should be a pgadmin/utils/paths.py file. Is that there?

Yes, there is, and it is readable to everyone.

I don't know much about Python - could it be that version 2.7 handles this
line differently from 3?

I'll see what I can find out with strace.

> FYI, I'm running a test server on CentOS 7 - my Apache config looks like this:
>
>     WSGIDaemonProcess pgadmin processes=1 threads=25
>     WSGIScriptAlias /pgadmin4 /opt/pgAdmin4/web/pgAdmin4.wsgi
>
>     <Directory /opt/pgAdmin4/web>
>         WSGIProcessGroup pgadmin
>         WSGIApplicationGroup %{GLOBAL}
>         Require all granted
>     </Directory>
>
> That's working with the pgAdmin4.wsgi file unmodified from git.

Mine looks the same (except for the paths and a ServerName directive).

I think it's a Python problem rather than a web server problem.

Thanks for your help!
I really want to get it running so I and my co-workers can test.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe