Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Translations Fix #1 - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Translations Fix #1
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 8:59 PM, Jonas Thelemann
<e-mail@jonas-thelemann.de> wrote:
> I'm not clear why you believe this to be the correct formatting?
>
> Sorry, the link got removed. Here it is written out:
> http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/91653/space-before-three-dots
> Again, I thought this would simplify the translation process which it
> didn't. Either way I googled that and found the stackexchange link above ^^
>
> Would it be an alternative to exclude this kind of punctuation from the
> translatable strings? Like label: '{{ _('Cast') }} ...' (or similar) for
> example?

I don't see any reason that wouldn't work, unless it doesn't make
sense or follow convention in (for example) Japanese or Chinese.

> You might want to discuss any non-trivial fixes here first
> before doing lots of work, just to make sure we're all in agreement
> before you spend significant amounts of time on anything.
>
> Yes, I (will) definitly do that. This idea was just a simple suggestion,
> nothing that impactful or important, if you ask me :)

No, but it must have taken some of your time to create the patch, and
I'd prefer to avoid wasting that if it means you can work on something
of more value :-)

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com