Re: [pgadmin-hackers] pgAdmin4: Test result enhancement patch - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Dave Page
Subject Re: [pgadmin-hackers] pgAdmin4: Test result enhancement patch
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 6:03 AM, Navnath Gadakh
<navnath.gadakh@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
>            Please find the patch for test result  enhancement.
> What's in the patch:
> 1. The test result summary will store in JSON file.
> 2. Removed some redundant code from regression/test_utils.py
> 3. To print test scenario names in failed and skipped test cases, I override
> apply_scenario() function in regression/test_utils.py

When running with the patch:

1) The browser isn't closed, and the script never exits - it just sits
indefinitely at:

=====
Please check output in file:
/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/regression/regression.log

make: *** [check] Error 1
=====

without returning to a shell prompt. The browser exits when I hit Ctrl+C.

2) I get the following failures consistently:

IndexConstraintGetTestCase (Fetch primary Key constraint of table,
Fetch unique Key constraint of table)
IndexConstraintDeleteTestCase (Delete primary Key constraint of table,
Delete unique Key constraint of table)
IndexConstraintUpdateTestCase (Update primary Key constraint of table,
Update unique Key constraint of table)

runTest
(pgadmin.browser.server_groups.servers.databases.schemas.tables.constraints.index_constraint.tests.test_index_constraint_delete.IndexConstraintDeleteTestCase)
Delete primary Key constraint of table ... Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/schemas/tables/constraints/index_constraint/tests/utils.py",
line 47, in create_index_constraint
    pg_cursor.execute(query)
ProgrammingError: syntax error at or near "constraint"
LINE 1: ...onstraint_a7d98 ADD CONSTRAINT Delete primary Key constraint...
                                                             ^

FAIL
runTest
(pgadmin.browser.server_groups.servers.databases.schemas.tables.constraints.index_constraint.tests.test_index_constraint_delete.IndexConstraintDeleteTestCase)
Delete unique Key constraint of table ... Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/schemas/tables/constraints/index_constraint/tests/utils.py",
line 47, in create_index_constraint
    pg_cursor.execute(query)
ProgrammingError: syntax error at or near "Key"
LINE 1: ...ndexconstraint_a7d98 ADD CONSTRAINT Delete unique Key constr...
                                                             ^

FAIL
runTest
(pgadmin.browser.server_groups.servers.databases.schemas.tables.constraints.index_constraint.tests.test_index_constraint_get.IndexConstraintGetTestCase)
Fetch primary Key constraint of table ... Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/schemas/tables/constraints/index_constraint/tests/utils.py",
line 47, in create_index_constraint
    pg_cursor.execute(query)
ProgrammingError: syntax error at or near "Fetch"
LINE 1: ..._e7902.table_indexconstraint_569ed ADD CONSTRAINT Fetch prim...
                                                             ^

FAIL
runTest
(pgadmin.browser.server_groups.servers.databases.schemas.tables.constraints.index_constraint.tests.test_index_constraint_get.IndexConstraintGetTestCase)
Fetch unique Key constraint of table ... Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/schemas/tables/constraints/index_constraint/tests/utils.py",
line 47, in create_index_constraint
    pg_cursor.execute(query)
ProgrammingError: syntax error at or near "Fetch"
LINE 1: ..._e7902.table_indexconstraint_569ed ADD CONSTRAINT Fetch uniq...
                                                             ^

FAIL
runTest
(pgadmin.browser.server_groups.servers.databases.schemas.tables.constraints.index_constraint.tests.test_index_constraint_put.IndexConstraintUpdateTestCase)
Update primary Key constraint of table ... Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/schemas/tables/constraints/index_constraint/tests/utils.py",
line 47, in create_index_constraint
    pg_cursor.execute(query)
ProgrammingError: syntax error at or near "constraint"
LINE 1: ...onstraint_788bf ADD CONSTRAINT Update primary Key constraint...
                                                             ^

FAIL
runTest
(pgadmin.browser.server_groups.servers.databases.schemas.tables.constraints.index_constraint.tests.test_index_constraint_put.IndexConstraintUpdateTestCase)
Update unique Key constraint of table ... Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/schemas/tables/constraints/index_constraint/tests/utils.py",
line 47, in create_index_constraint
    pg_cursor.execute(query)
ProgrammingError: syntax error at or near "Key"
LINE 1: ...ndexconstraint_788bf ADD CONSTRAINT Update unique Key constr...
                                                             ^

FAIL

> I have also attached the sample JSON file with the test result. Tell me any
> modification if any.

I would suggest the following changes:

- Use "tests_failed", "tests_passed" and "tests_skipped" for the names.

- Add the error message/exception info etc. to the failed tests.

"IndexConstraintGetTestCase": [
  {"Fetch primary Key constraint of table": "Fetch primary Key
constraint of table ... Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
\"/Users/dpage/git/pgadmin4/web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/schemas/tables/constraints/index_constraint/tests/utils.py\",
line 47, in create_index_constraint
    pg_cursor.execute(query)
ProgrammingError: syntax error at or near \"Fetch\"
LINE 1: ..._e7902.table_indexconstraint_569ed ADD CONSTRAINT Fetch prim..."}
]

- Add the reason tests were skipped to the skipped tests

e.g.

"SynonymGetTestCase": [
  {"Fetch synonym Node URL": "Synonyms not supported on PostgreSQL"}
]

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com