Re: BUG #7851: Installer crash with message: An error occured executing the Microsoft VC++ runtimeinstaller - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dave Page
Subject Re: BUG #7851: Installer crash with message: An error occured executing the Microsoft VC++ runtimeinstaller
Date
In response to Re: BUG #7851: Installer crash with message: An error occured executing the Microsoft VC++ runtimeinstaller  (Ivano Luberti <luberti@archicoop.it>)
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 8:41 PM, Ivano Luberti <luberti@archicoop.it> wrote:

> It look exactly like that and I run the installer as an administrator.
> I don't want to mix two different issues here but I also tried to install
> 9.2.2-1 and I get a
> "Unable to write inside TEMP environment variable path"
> error message
> And in the TEMP dir I find a bitrock_installer file with the following
> content

Actually, that almost certainly is the same problem - it's just that
the 9.2 installer has been modified to try to identify the issue much
earlier and more reliably.

It's essentially running the attached script under cscript. If you
save it to disk (and rename to prerun_checks.vbs) and then try running
it, you should see something like this:

C:\>cscript //nologo z:\dpage\prerun_checks.vbs
The scripting host appears to be functional.

Please try running it in a regular command prompt, and one opened
using the "Run As Administrator" option.

If you see something different from the message above it may help to
remove the "On Error Resume Next" lines from the script and run it
again. That should give additional error detail that the installer
wouldn't be able to interpret easily.

Thanks.

--
Dave Page