Re: BUG #7851: Installer crash with message: An error occured executing the Microsoft VC++ runtimeinstaller - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ivano Luberti
Subject Re: BUG #7851: Installer crash with message: An error occured executing the Microsoft VC++ runtimeinstaller
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Thanks Dave, I have followe your instructions and the result is really
weird.
The script doesn't run and error message is that VBScript interpreter
cannot be found.
At the same time .vbs files are recognized as associated with WScript.exe

In detail:

I copied your file on  my desktop.
I renamed it with the .vbs extension.
Then I opened the cmd prompt both normally and as an administrator.
Here you can find the output (in italian but I think i understandable):

Normal running:
-----------------------

Microsoft Windows [Versione 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Tutti i diritti riservati.

C:\Users\luberti>cd desktop

C:\Users\luberti\Desktop>assoc .vbs
.vbs=VBSFile

C:\Users\luberti\Desktop>ftype VBSFile
VBSFile="%SystemRoot%\System32\WScript.exe" "%1" %*

C:\Users\luberti\Desktop>cscript //nologo prerun_checks.vbs
Errore CScript: Impossibile trovare l'interprete di script "VBScript"
per lo scr
ipt "C:\Users\luberti\Desktop\prerun_checks.vbs".

Running as an administrator:

Microsoft Windows [Versione 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. Tutti i diritti riservati.

C:\Windows\system32>cd ..

C:\Windows>cd ..

C:\>cd Users\luberti\Desktop

C:\Users\luberti\Desktop>assoc .vbs
.vbs=VBSFile

C:\Users\luberti\Desktop>ftype VBSFile
VBSFile="%SystemRoot%\System32\WScript.exe" "%1" %*

C:\Users\luberti\Desktop>cscript //nologo prerun_checks.vbs
Errore CScript: Impossibile trovare l'interprete di script "VBScript"
per lo scr
ipt "C:\Users\luberti\Desktop\prerun_checks.vbs".

C:\Users\luberti\Desktop>

dott. Ivano Mario Luberti
Sede Operativa
Via Gereschi 36 - 56126- Pisa