Re: Complete PGADMIN4 installation instructions - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Complete PGADMIN4 installation instructions
Date
List pgsql-novice

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 12:42 AM Zahid Rahman <zahidr1000@gmail.com> wrote:

Software crisis averted.
PGADMIN4   Complete working instructions.

First I followed these instructions to download and  install software
https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/
only up to postgresql-server-dev-12. no further.

Not sure what that has to do with pgAdmin? Plus the PostgreSQL APT repo most definitely contains the latest 12.1 release.

Then  I went to this website  by googling sudo apt-get install pgadmin4 apache
https://www.tecmint.com/install-pgadmin-debian-10/ although I have ubuntu.

copied and pasted the following code changing the email and password.
To the one I put in  when prompted for and  while running command line sudo apt-get install pgadmin4 apache.

Also if  run this command:  systemctl status apache2  then you can 'q'  out of it to continue.
THIS MAY NOT WORK:  http://SERVER_IP/pgadmin4 OR http://localhost/pgadmin4

Don't forget to stop service apache server. sudo systemctl stop apache2 otherwise you will get a port clash with docker.

then I went to website https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/latest/container_deployment.html

SO downloaded docker with snap.  sudo snap install docker

sudo docker pull dpage/pgadmin4
sudo docker run -p 80:80 \
    -e 'PGADMIN_DEFAULT_EMAIL=user@domain.com' \
    -e 'PGADMIN_DEFAULT_PASSWORD=SuperSecret' \
    -d dpage/pgadmin4

ran  sudo docker
sudo docker run -p 80:80     -e 'PGADMIN_DEFAULT_EMAIL=zahidr1000@gmail.com'     -e 'PGADMIN_DEFAULT_PASSWORD=*******'     -d dpage/pgadmin4

Here is the KICKER. (not  http://127.0.0.1/pgadmin4)
go to browser and type http://127.0.0.1 and you will see the blue login screen prompting you for the
above email and password.

That's certainly how you can deploy a pgAdmin container. Unless you specifically want to use the container though, I would use the Debian/Ubuntu packages, per the article you linked to above. We don't maintain those directly though, so I'm not sure how accurate those instructions are. It would probably help if you posted error messages etc.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company