Complete PGADMIN4 installation instructions - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Zahid Rahman
Subject Complete PGADMIN4 installation instructions
Date
Re: Complete PGADMIN4 installation instructions  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Re: Complete PGADMIN4 installation instructions  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
List pgsql-novice

Software crisis averted.
PGADMIN4   Complete working instructions.

First I followed these instructions to download and  install software
https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/
only up to postgresql-server-dev-12. no further.

Then  I went to this website  by googling sudo apt-get install pgadmin4 apache
https://www.tecmint.com/install-pgadmin-debian-10/ although I have ubuntu.

copied and pasted the following code changing the email and password.
To the one I put in  when prompted for and  while running command line sudo apt-get install pgadmin4 apache.

Also if  run this command:  systemctl status apache2  then you can 'q'  out of it to continue.
THIS MAY NOT WORK:  http://SERVER_IP/pgadmin4 OR http://localhost/pgadmin4

Don't forget to stop service apache server. sudo systemctl stop apache2 otherwise you will get a port clash with docker.

then I went to website https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/latest/container_deployment.html

SO downloaded docker with snap.  sudo snap install docker

sudo docker pull dpage/pgadmin4
sudo docker run -p 80:80 \
    -e 'PGADMIN_DEFAULT_EMAIL=user@domain.com' \
    -e 'PGADMIN_DEFAULT_PASSWORD=SuperSecret' \
    -d dpage/pgadmin4

ran  sudo docker
sudo docker run -p 80:80     -e 'PGADMIN_DEFAULT_EMAIL=zahidr1000@gmail.com'     -e 'PGADMIN_DEFAULT_PASSWORD=*******'     -d dpage/pgadmin4

Here is the KICKER. (not  http://127.0.0.1/pgadmin4)