Re: Install github app to automatically close PRs on github mirror - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Dave Page
Subject Re: Install github app to automatically close PRs on github mirror
Date
List pgsql-www

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 10:17 AM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
Meh. It takes 30 seconds to change the config so it doesn't apply to a particular repo. Want me to do that?

Oh. Last I was told, this was impossible and in that case had to be
done manually on every repo that it was used (such as the main
postgres repo).

If it can actually be turned on/off at a repo based level now, that
makes it a lot more useful. Any chance it can also actually have a
different *message* on the different repos, so that postgres doesn't
refer to pgadmin and pgadmin doesn't refer to postgres?

No, that's what's not possible.

The app requires two things:

- The app itself which is installed in Github, and can be configured to work with either all or select repos in the account.

- The app configuration. This can either be in a .github directory in each individual repo, in which case it applies to that repo. Obviously we don't want that as it'll clutter the PG/pgAdmin/pgweb repos. Alternatively, it can be in a .github directory in a repo called .github, in which case it applies to all repos.

So, we can disable the app entirely for different repos, but we can only customise it globally, unless we put the config in the individual project repos.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company