Re: Install github app to automatically close PRs on github mirror - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Install github app to automatically close PRs on github mirror
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 11:04 AM Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 9:45 AM Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>> > And here's another 3 month reminder that this is still a todo.
>>
>> Oh look, another 3 months have passed, and it's still broken. Are
>> there *any* plans to fix this?
>

> As I said last time, I was waiting for a patch from Stephen, which is why it wasn't on my TODO. I've pushed a fix to
redirectany pgweb PRs, which is what you said upstream you were looking for.

Thanks!

>> If not, I guess we have to split up and create a second organisation
>> "postgres2" or something and move repos over there. But I'm not sure
>> that's better than just reverting this change until such a time that
>> someone finds a tool that actually works in our scenario.
>>
>> For example, there have been discussions of trialing the use of the
>> github workflow for pgweb, to see if that encourages contributions.
>> This software now effectively makes that impossible to even trial.
>

> Meh. It takes 30 seconds to change the config so it doesn't apply to a particular repo. Want me to do that?

Oh. Last I was told, this was impossible and in that case had to be
done manually on every repo that it was used (such as the main
postgres repo).

If it can actually be turned on/off at a repo based level now, that
makes it a lot more useful. Any chance it can also actually have a
different *message* on the different repos, so that postgres doesn't
refer to pgadmin and pgadmin doesn't refer to postgres?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/