Re: Distribution package for OSX - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Igor Korot
Subject Re: Distribution package for OSX
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi, Michael,

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 8:14 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 5:22 AM, Igor Korot <ikorot01@gmail.com> wrote:
>>  Hi,
>> I'm looking for a ready-to-use distribution package of the PostgreSQL ODBC
>> driver for OSX 10.8 (.dmg file).
>>
>> Is it readily available or I will have to build the driver manually?
>
> You will need to build it manually I am afraid. There are no official
> packages provided for OSX on odbc.postgresql.org.

This is what I get trying to compile latest source:

> [...]
> checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes
> checking how to convert x86_64-apple-darwin12.5.0 file names to
> x86_64-apple-darwin12.5.0 format... func_convert_file_noop
> checking how to convert x86_64-apple-darwin12.5.0 file names to
> toolchain format... func_convert_file_noop
> checking for /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ld
> option to reload object files... -r
> checking for objdump... objdump
> checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
> checking for dlltool... dlltool
> checking how to associate runtime and link libraries... printf %s\n
> checking for ar... ar
> checking for archiver @FILE support... no
> checking for strip... strip
> checking for ranlib... ranlib
> checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm output from gcc object... ok
> checking for sysroot... no
> checking for mt... no
> checking if : is a manifest tool... no
> checking for dsymutil... dsymutil
> checking for nmedit... nmedit
> checking for lipo... lipo
> checking for otool... otool
> checking for otool64... no
> checking for -single_module linker flag... yes
> checking for -exported_symbols_list linker flag... yes
> checking for -force_load linker flag... yes
> checking for sys/types.h... yes
> checking for sys/stat.h... yes
> checking for stdlib.h... yes
> checking for string.h... yes
> checking for memory.h... yes
> checking for strings.h... yes
> checking for inttypes.h... yes
> checking for stdint.h... yes
> checking for unistd.h... yes
> checking for dlfcn.h... yes
> checking for objdir... .libs
> checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yes
> checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fno-common -DPIC
> checking if gcc PIC flag -fno-common -DPIC works... yes
> checking if gcc static flag -static works... no
> checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
> checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
> checking whether the gcc linker
> (/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ld)
> supports shared libraries... yes
> checking dynamic linker characteristics... darwin12.5.0 dyld
> checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
> checking whether a program can dlopen itself... yes
> checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... yes
> checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
> checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
> checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
> checking whether to build static libraries... no
> checking for library containing SQLGetPrivateProfileString... -liodbcinst
> checking for pthread_create in -lpthreads... no
> checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
> checking for PQsetSingleRowMode in -lpq... no
> configure: error: libpq library version >= 9.2 is required

As I said I have 10.8 that was orinally installed on the system.
And I will try to connect to 9.5.2  which is running on Linux.

Do you know which driver version I should use?

Thank you.