Re: Distribution package for OSX - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Distribution package for OSX
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Igor Korot <ikorot01@gmail.com> writes:
> This is what I get trying to compile latest source:

>> checking for PQsetSingleRowMode in -lpq... no
>> configure: error: libpq library version >= 9.2 is required

Apple does ship a copy of libpq in /usr/lib, but it's generally a bit
back-rev, and you're working in a macOS release that's itself several
years out of date.  You'll need to install a newer libpq to satisfy this
ODBC version, evidently.

There isn't any separate distribution of libpq alone; you need to
build and install all of Postgres into, say, /usr/local.  That's
not hard, but if you don't enjoy rolling it all yourself, you might
want to consider installing from MacPorts or Homebrew.

            regards, tom lane