Re: Distribution package for OSX - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Igor Korot
Subject Re: Distribution package for OSX
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi, Michael,

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 1:15 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 1:47 PM, Igor Korot <ikorot01@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, Tom,

>>> Apple does ship a copy of libpq in /usr/lib, but it's generally a bit
>>> back-rev, and you're working in a macOS release that's itself several
>>> years out of date.  You'll need to install a newer libpq to satisfy this
>>> ODBC version, evidently.
>>
>> Is there a way to see what version of PostgreSQL is installed on
>> the system?
>> Because then it would be easy to find out what version of ODBC
>> driver I should have to connect.
>> Or maybe I already have the driver, since I have iODBC installed?
>>
>> Just checked - driver is not there.
>
> pg_config --version. You just need to look for its binary in your
> system. For homebrew, which I actively use, that would be under
> /usr/local/.

[code]
Igors-MacBook-Air:buildMac igorkorot$ pg_config --version
PostgreSQL 9.1.9
[/code]

So which version of the driver I can use?
The one that will understand the version I have and successfully can
be configured
and compiled.

Thank you.