Re: Generate call graphs in run-time - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joel Jacobson
Subject Re: Generate call graphs in run-time
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Is this only to print out the stack upon errors? Looks like the stack is in the variable error_context_stack. Is it always available containing all the parent functions, even when there is no error? Can I reach it from within pgstat.c?

2012/1/10 Jim Nasby <jim@nasby.net>
On Jan 9, 2012, at 2:08 PM, Joel Jacobson wrote:
> Generates call graphs of function calls within a transaction in run-time.

Related to this... we had Command Prompt write a function for us that would spit out the complete call-graph of the current call stack whenever it was called. Alvaro didn't need to add any hooks to the backend to accomplish this, so it would seem that the call stack is already available. That might simplify what you're doing.

I don't see this posted on pgFoundry yet, so I've attached it.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                   jim@nasby.net
512.569.9461 (cell)                         http://jim.nasby.net

--