Re: Generate call graphs in run-time - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: Generate call graphs in run-time
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Jan 9, 2012, at 2:08 PM, Joel Jacobson wrote:
> Generates call graphs of function calls within a transaction in run-time.

Related to this... we had Command Prompt write a function for us that would spit out the complete call-graph of the
currentcall stack whenever it was called. Alvaro didn't need to add any hooks to the backend to accomplish this, so it
wouldseem that the call stack is already available. That might simplify what you're doing.

I don't see this posted on pgFoundry yet, so I've attached it.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect                   jim@nasby.net

Attachment