Re: Select Query Implementation:Details needed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Seref Arikan
Subject Re: Select Query Implementation:Details needed
Date
List pgsql-general
Fantastic resource. Thanks for this!

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@gmail.com> wrote:
On 10/30/2012 04:07 AM, RAJDEEP SARDAR wrote:
Dear All,

I am a Mtech Student,IIT Bombay,India.

I am having a database course project where I need to make some
modification in postgresql.

currently,my objective is to find how a select query runs in
postgresql.I have some knowledge related to parsing after going through
some document uploaded

in the developer site.But I would like to know the steps after that.

Can anyone suggest

1.Which file/methods are handing the select query

2.Implementation of select

3.Any relevant document related to the topic

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/backend/

Follow the links. Click on the chart to go to written description. Click on description header to go to relevant code. The READMEs have quite a bit of documentation.

thanks,

Rajdeep

--
Adrian Klaver