Re: Select Query Implementation:Details needed - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Select Query Implementation:Details needed
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/30/2012 04:07 AM, RAJDEEP SARDAR wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am a Mtech Student,IIT Bombay,India.
>
> I am having a database course project where I need to make some
> modification in postgresql.
>
> currently,my objective is to find how a select query runs in
> postgresql.I have some knowledge related to parsing after going through
> some document uploaded
>
> in the developer site.But I would like to know the steps after that.
>
> Can anyone suggest
>
> 1.Which file/methods are handing the select query
>
> 2.Implementation of select
>
> 3.Any relevant document related to the topic

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/backend/

Follow the links. Click on the chart to go to written description. Click
on description header to go to relevant code. The READMEs have quite a
bit of documentation.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@gmail.com