Re: Testing castability of text to numeric - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Randall Lucas
Subject Re: Testing castability of text to numeric
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi Folks,

I thought that I would point out that an answer that answers my
original query (how to test for castability without throwing exception)
was posted to the pgsql-general list on Sunday, by Joe Conway.  He has
an "str_validate" set of functions which he makes available at
joeconway.com.  Thanks to Joe.

Best,

Randall