Re: function prepared plan - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: function prepared plan
Date
List pgsql-sql
Franco Bruno Borghesi <franco@akyasociados.com.ar> writes:
> Hi everyone! I have a little problem, and was wondering if anyone
> could help me.

Change the EXECUTEd query strings so that all the variants return TEXT,
instead of trying to cast after-the-fact.

If that doesn't seem reasonable, you might be better off working in
pltcl.  plpgsql is designed on the assumption that it can cache query
plans from one execution to the next, which is a good speed optimization
but does require a certain amount of stability of datatypes.  If you'd
prefer to kiss off speed for flexibility, pltcl is your tool.

plpython might work too, but I'm not very familiar with it and couldn't
say for certain.
        regards, tom lane