problem connecting from JDBC - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Ravi Kanth
Subject problem connecting from JDBC
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
Hi,
I am trying to access postgresql database (7.3.2 - that came by default with
RedHat Linux 9 distro) using JDBC. I have a Linux user called "oracle" that
I have created in postgresql also and gave that user privileges to create a
database.
I tried to create a databse using createdb and it works.
The url that I am using in JDBC is: "jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/test",
"oracle", "". It reverts bck with error that says:
SQLException: Connection refused. Check that the hostname and port are
correct and that the postmaster is accepting TCP/IP connections.
I am using JDK 1.4.2 and NetBeans IDE.
Can anyone plz help? Thanks.

Ravi.

Compare high-speed Internet plans, starting at $26.95.