Re: psycopg help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lee Harr
Subject Re: psycopg help
Date
List pgsql-general
>My very simple table creation test (based on their "first.py"
>example is failing ...  Here's what I'm trying.  Non-pythonated
>syntax works in pgsql:
>
>no go:
>       curs.execute("""CREATE TABLE key_test (
>       key_col CHAR(9) PRIMARY KEY,
>       nother_col CHAR(256))""")

Works fine for me:

>>>d=psycopg.connect('dbname=lee user=lee')
>>>c=d.cursor()
>>>c.execute("""CREATE TABLE key_test (
...         key_col CHAR(9) PRIMARY KEY,
...         nother_col CHAR(256))""")
>>>c.execute('''INSERT INTO key_test
... VALUES ('test1', 'test2')''')
>>>c.execute('''SELECT * FROM key_test''')
>>>r=c.fetchall()
[('test1    ', 'test2
                   ')]
>>>d.commit()

Perhaps if you showed us any error messages you
are getting we might be able to help.

Also helpful is the version of any and all pieces
(postgres version, and psycopg version, and
python version at least)

http://messenger.msn.com/