psycopg help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Scott Frankel
Subject psycopg help
Date
List pgsql-general
First, apologies in advance for this somewhat OT post ...

I'm looking for a source of information on using the psycopg
interface to postgresql.  A mailing list would be ideal.  I've
poked at their wiki, but not found what I'm looking for.

Also, new to both postrgresql & psycopg, my questions appear
too basic for the doc/examples they provide with their installation.
i.e.:

- What's the appropriate syntax for specifying a primary key?

- What is the data type "text?"  And how does it differ from
   CHAR(len), &c.?

My very simple table creation test (based on their "first.py"
example is failing ...  Here's what I'm trying.  Non-pythonated
syntax works in pgsql:

no go:
    curs.execute("""CREATE TABLE key_test (
    key_col CHAR(9) PRIMARY KEY,