Re: PATCH: CreateComments: use explicit indexing for ``values'' - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: PATCH: CreateComments: use explicit indexing for ``values''
Date
List pgsql-hackers
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Submitting_a_Patch,I think I have a patch worthy of submission.

> It's a readability improvement in src/backend/commands/comment.c (CreateComments function), which changes the
existingcode from incrementing a variable for use as the array index, to use explicit ``values'' instead.

> This has the following benefits
>
> 1) The structure of ``values'' is now clear at first glance.
> 2) ``i'' is then only used for 1 reason; the for loop
>
> The patch is based on "master", and all existing tests pass.

Wow.  That code is pretty ugly, all right.  I think, though, that we
probably ought to be using the Apg_description_<columnname> constants
instead of writing 0-3.  Care to update the patch?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company