Re: [v9.1] sepgsql - userspace access vector cache - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: [v9.1] sepgsql - userspace access vector cache
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 7:51 AM, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp> wrote:
> For syscache, length of a typical security label in selinux is
> less than 64 bytes. If we assume an entry consume 128bytes
> including Oid pairs or pointers, its consumption is 128KBytes
> per 1,000 of tables or others.
> (Do we have a way to confirm syscache status?)

I was thinking you might start a new session, SELECT pg_backendd_pid()
to get the PID, use top/ps to get its memory usage; then do a bunch of
stuff and see how much it's grown.  The difference between how much it
grows with and without the patch is the amount of additional memory
the patch consumes.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company