Re: shameless behavior of EDB ... - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Dave Page
Subject Re: shameless behavior of EDB ...
Date
Re: shameless behavior of EDB ...
Re: shameless behavior of EDB ...
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>> Big Russia is empty !
>
> Yes, we need to work on that.  I bet there are many Russian users but
> EnterpriseDB doesn't know about them.  Africa and the Middle East are
> also very sparse --- Selena and I have talked about how to improve that.
> Brazil also looks unusually empty.
>
> My map doesn't zoom.  Was that feature removed?

Yes - it's been temporarily replaced with an image while a version
less offensive to Hans is put together (probably along the lines of
Mike's suggestion).

Personally (speaking as myself and not an EDB employee) I think it's a
good thing to highlight how much Postgres is being used - I think that
can benefit the whole community.

However, it's not worth arguments here over the details though - they
have exactly the opposite effect on the community, hence why we're
making some changes.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com