Re: shameless behavior of EDB ... - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Alastair Turner
Subject Re: shameless behavior of EDB ...
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> Oleg Bartunov wrote:
>>> Big Russia is empty !
>>
>> Yes, we need to work on that.  I bet there are many Russian users but
>> EnterpriseDB doesn't know about them.  Africa and the Middle East are
>> also very sparse --- Selena and I have talked about how to improve that.
>> Brazil also looks unusually empty.
>>
>> My map doesn't zoom.  Was that feature removed?
>
> Yes - it's been temporarily replaced with an image while a version
> less offensive to Hans is put together (probably along the lines of
> Mike's suggestion).
>
> Personally (speaking as myself and not an EDB employee) I think it's a
> good thing to highlight how much Postgres is being used - I think that
> can benefit the whole community.

If the map is going to be anonymous by default (which I think is what
Mike was suggesting) I'll gladly ask my clients and the members of the
local PUG for their locations. I agree that it's a great advocacy tool
(now that the colours are right) irrespective of whose name is on it.

Postgres is used by the freight rail system here in South Africa as
well as the largest medical practice management systems vendor for
their larger sites. The southern bit of Africa should certainly not be
that dark.

Alastair "Bell" Turner

Technical Lead
^F5