Re: Bidirectional replication - Mailing list pgsql-general

From tushar nehete
Subject Re: Bidirectional replication
Date
Re: Bidirectional replication  (Joshua Tolley <eggyknap@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,
I gone through the steps from bucardo sites as,

[root@billingtest1 Bucardo-4.4.3]# perl Makefile.PL
WARNING: LICENSE is not a known parameter.
Warning: prerequisite DBD:g 2.0 not found. We have 1.49.
Warning: prerequisite ExtUtils::MakeMaker 6.32 not found. We have 6.30.
'LICENSE' is not a known MakeMaker parameter name.
Writing Makefile for Bucardo
[root@billingtest1 Bucardo-4.4.3]# make
cp bucardo_ctl blib/script/bucardo_ctl
/usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::MY" -e "MY->fixin(shift)" blib/script/bucardo_ctl
Manifying blib/man1/bucardo_ctl.1pm
Manifying blib/man3/Bucardo.3pm
[root@billingtest1 Bucardo-4.4.3]# make install
Installing /usr/bin/bucardo_ctl
Writing /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/Bucardo/.packlist
Appending installation info to /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/perllocal.pod

I gone through the script and found this is what is happening behind

bucardo=#
bucardo=#
bucardo=# CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION bucardo.plperlu_test()
bucardo-# RETURNS TEXT
bucardo-# LANGUAGE plperlu
bucardo-# AS $bc$
bucardo$# return 'Pl/PerlU was successfully installed';
bucardo$# $bc$;
ERROR: didn't get a return item from mksafefunc
bucardo=#

so there must be something wrong at mksafefunc or in that perl file.

Any solution?