Re: Postmaster holding unlinked files for pg_largeobject table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Postmaster holding unlinked files for pg_largeobject table
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of mié jun 08 14:28:02 -0400 2011:
>
>>> I'm not excited about back-patching it...
>
>> Bummer.
>
> Well, of course mine is only one opinion; anybody else feel this *is*
> worth risking a back-patch for?
>
> My thought is that it needs some beta testing.  Perhaps it'd be sane to
> push it into beta2 now, and then back-patch sometime after 9.1 final,
> if no problems pop up.

I think it'd be sensible to back-patch it.  I'm not sure whether now
or later.  It's a bug fix that is biting real users in the field, so
it seems like we ought to do something about it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company