Re: Postmaster holding unlinked files for pg_largeobject table - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Postmaster holding unlinked files for pg_largeobject table
Date
Re: Postmaster holding unlinked files for pg_largeobject table
List pgsql-hackers
> Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of mié jun 08 14:28:02 -0400 2011:
>> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> writes:
>>> This customer is running on 8.4 so I started from there; should I
>>> backpatch this to 8.2, or not at all?

>> I'm not excited about back-patching it...

> Bummer.

Well, of course mine is only one opinion; anybody else feel this *is*
worth risking a back-patch for?

My thought is that it needs some beta testing.  Perhaps it'd be sane to
push it into beta2 now, and then back-patch sometime after 9.1 final,
if no problems pop up.