Re: collation problem on 9.1-beta1 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: collation problem on 9.1-beta1
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 2:19 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On tor, 2011-06-09 at 13:30 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Column numbers in ORDER BY is ANSI syntax so I don't think calling
>> them "legacy" is accurate. =A0"limited functionality"?
>
> It was in SQL 92, but removed in 99, so it's technically no longer part
> of the standard.

It's still extremely widely used though, I think, and very useful.  I
don't feel we have to support GROUP BY 1 COLLATE whatever, but it
might be worth the trouble to at least emit a decent HINT.

--=20
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company