Re: BUG #17148: About --no-strict-names option and --quiet option of pg_amcheck command - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Daniel Gustafsson
Subject Re: BUG #17148: About --no-strict-names option and --quiet option of pg_amcheck command
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On 17 Aug 2021, at 06:34, PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:

>    In PG14 beta3, when I use pg_amcheck command, both --no-strict-names
> option and --quiet option are specified, the warning message of --database
> option is not suppressed.
>    The official website is described as follows:
>> --no-strict-names
>>   By default, if an argument to --database, --table, --index, or
> --relation matches no objects, it is a fatal error.
>>   This option downgrades that error to a warning. If this option is
> used with --quiet, the warning will be suppressed as well.
>
>    When I specify a non-existent database name for the --database option,
> and specify the --no-strict-names option and the --quiet option,
>    pg_amcheck command should not return any message, but it still returns
> the warning message.

Agreed, in order to match the documentation the attached is required, which
also matches other invocations of log_no_match().  This should be applied
backpatched to 14 unless there are objections.

Attachment