BUG #17148: About --no-strict-names option and --quiet option of pg_amcheck command - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From PG Bug reporting form
Subject BUG #17148: About --no-strict-names option and --quiet option of pg_amcheck command
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      17148
Logged by:          Chen Jiaoqian
Email address:      chenjq.jy@fujitsu.com
PostgreSQL version: 14beta3
Operating system:   Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.8

Hi, Author

    In PG14 beta3, when I use pg_amcheck command, both --no-strict-names
option and --quiet option are specified, the warning message of --database
option is not suppressed.
    The official website is described as follows:
    > --no-strict-names
    >    By default, if an argument to --database, --table, --index, or
--relation matches no objects, it is a fatal error.
    >    This option downgrades that error to a warning. If this option is
used with --quiet, the warning will be suppressed as well.

    When I specify a non-existent database name for the --database option,
and specify the --no-strict-names option and the --quiet option,
    pg_amcheck command should not return any message, but it still returns
the warning message.

    My steps are as follows:
        1)Install the amcheck plguin in the PG source package
../contrib/amcheck directory;
        2)In the postgres database, execute SQL "create extension
amcheck;"
        3)On the OS command line, execute pg_amcheck command, specify
--no-strict-names option and --quiet option, and specify a non-existent
database name for the --database option

    The result are as follows:
        [postgres14@localhost ~]$ pg_amcheck -p 51403 -d postgres -d db01
--no-strict-names --quiet
        pg_amcheck: warning: no connectable databases to check matching
"db01"
        [postgres14@localhost ~]$

Regards.