Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 - support for RANGE value PRECEDING window functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Daniel Scott
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 - support for RANGE value PRECEDING window functions
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 13:35, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> It was ripped out of the patch before commit because the implementation was not
> acceptable.

That's strange - the CommitFest says that it was committed and I can't
find any mention of it being removed. Is there somewhere I can see a
discussion of this?

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view?id=5

Also, the documentation

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/sql-expressions.html#SYNTAX-WINDOW-FUNCTIONS

shows:

[ RANGE | ROWS ] BETWEEN frame_start AND frame_end

Can you point me to the right place for getting this changed to remove
"RANGE". Maybe the developer mailing list?

Thanks,

Dan Scott