Re: Domains, casts, and MS Access - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Richard Broersma
Subject Re: Domains, casts, and MS Access
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Justin Graf <justin@magwerks.com> wrote:

> My memory is fuzzy but there are some additional settings in Access that
> allows data type mapping...

My experience is that PostgreSQL Integer types work the best for
MS-Access bit datatype considering the fact that in Access -1 = true.

I know that there is a setting in the ODBC driver for true = -1 but it
doesn't work well.  I also remember that filters didn't work on mapped
boolean columns.

For example:

2010-06-08 14:39:43 PDTERROR:  invalid input syntax for type boolean:
"-1" at character 49
2010-06-08 14:39:43 PDTSTATEMENT:
BEGIN;
UPDATE "public"."structures"
SET "scoped"=E'-1'
WHERE "buildingfunction" = E'CRANE OPERATOR STATION'
AND "xmin" = 20497
-06-08 14:39:43 PDTLOG:  duration: 0.000 ms  statement: ROLLBACK

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug