Re: Domains, casts, and MS Access - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Justin Graf
Subject Re: Domains, casts, and MS Access
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 8/4/2010 1:56 PM, Richard Broersma wrote:
On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 11:51 AM, Peter Koczan <pjkoczan@gmail.com> wrote:

This is one of my first forays into ODBC, so I didn't know that was a
possibility. Is there any place where these are documented? Searching
for ODBC options yields info on connection options, but none on
behavior that I could find.
I know that there are a couple of options that affect the
representation of Booleans in the odbc driver.  I'm not sure it will
do what you need though.

However, here is the official documentation: (hopefully it helpful)

http://psqlodbc.projects.postgresql.org/

Yes there is an option to change bools to char
  • Data Type Options: affects how some data types are mapped:

    • Text as LongVarChar: PostgreSQL TEXT type is mapped to SQLLongVarchar, otherwise SQLVarchar.
    • Unknowns as LongVarChar: Unknown types (arrays, etc) are mapped to SQLLongVarChar, otherwise SQLVarchar
    • Bools as Char: Bools are mapped to SQL_CHAR, otherwise to SQL_BIT.
My memory is fuzzy but there are some additional settings in Access that allows data type mapping...

All legitimate Magwerks Corporation quotations are sent in a .PDF file attachment with a unique ID number generated by our proprietary quotation system. Quotations received via any other form of communication will not be honored.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including attachments, may contain legally privileged, confidential or other information proprietary to Magwerks Corporation and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it addresses. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any unauthorized viewing, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and destroy all occurrences of this e-mail immediately.
Thank you.
Attachment