Re: Domains, casts, and MS Access - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Peter Koczan
Subject Re: Domains, casts, and MS Access
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Richard Broersma
<richard.broersma@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Justin Graf <justin@magwerks.com> wrote:
>
>> My memory is fuzzy but there are some additional settings in Access that
>> allows data type mapping...
>
> My experience is that PostgreSQL Integer types work the best for
> MS-Access bit datatype considering the fact that in Access -1 = true.
>
> I know that there is a setting in the ODBC driver for true = -1 but it
> doesn't work well.  I also remember that filters didn't work on mapped
> boolean columns.

Yep, that's the stumbling block we're running into. ODBC and these
fields' assumptions of true/false are at odds. I'm trying a few other
things with casts in the meantime to see if they'll work.

Does anyone know if another product, like OpenOffice Base with its
native postgres driver, does any better?

Peter