Re: psql: Add \dL to show languages - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: psql: Add \dL to show languages
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 5:47 PM, Andreas Karlsson <andreas@proxel.se> wrote:
> The patch looks alright now so I will mark it as ready for committer
> now.

This patch doesn't seem terribly consistent to me - we show the name
of the call handler and the name of the validator, but for the inline
handler we just indicate whether there is one or not.  That seems like
something that we should make consistent, and my vote is to show the
name in all cases.

Also, I'm wondering whether the System Language column be renamed to
Internal Language, for consistency with the terminology used here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/catalog-pg-language.html

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company